Directi is pleased to announce the Go for Gold Project, an extensive plan designed to make Indian programmers the best in the world.
We want an Indian team to win the ACM-ICPC contest, the most competitive programming challenge in the world.ï¿½ We know achieving this won’t be easy (to date, the highest any Indian team has finished is 29th). To encourage our young programmers we are providing the following incentives to students and colleges.
- We will award The Go for Gold Cup to the Indian team that finishes at a higher rank than any other Indian team has reached, in the history of ACM-ICPC.
- The winning team will also take home a significant cash prize, which starts at 5 lakhs and increases every year that it is unclaimed.
- Directi is partnering with IIT-Kanpur and Amrita University ï¿½ the two institutes that host the ACM ICPC regionals in India. In the future, we plan to
- Sponsor other college programming contests across the country as well.
- Coaching and support will be arranged by us for our budding programmers, including intensive training sessions for top teams eventually.
- We will sponsor the teams that qualify for the ACM ICPC world finals, including airfare, accommodation, team uniforms, and more.
Learn more at http://www.codechef.com/goforgold
All of Directi’s Educational Initiatives are here: http://wiki.directi.com/display/corp/Educational+Initiatives